Unboxing and Review Aputure AL-F7 LED Panel
Published 25th June 2018
In this video we unbox and overview the new Aputure AL-F7 LED Continuous Video Light, and compare it to the older Aputure AL-H198C.
The Aputure AL-F7 features stepless dimming control from 0-100% and can be adjusted in 1% increments. It provides multiple powering options including USB-C, Sony NP-F series batteries and D-Tap, a huge colour temperature range of 3200-9500k, and an output of ≥1500 lux at 1m.
It's perfect to use as a key, fill or backdrop light and also perfect for run-and-gun setups as it can function as an on-camera light or mounted on a light stand. It also features 1/4" 20 threads and when used with the included heavy duty Aputure ball head, you're able to mount to any hot shoe or friction arm for versatile mounting options.
Compared to the older Aputure AL-H198C, the main differences are:
- Improved colour temperature range from 3200-9500k (compared to 3200-5500k)
- LED screen displaying colour temp. and intensity levels (compared to no screen)
- 1% increment light control (compared to no indicator displaying the output level)
- Addition of USB-C and D-tap powering options (compared to only NP-F and AA battery previously)
- In-built 1/4 20 threads on the top, bottom and side of the light (compared to no in-built mounting threads and the need for the cold shoe brackets included)
- Sturdier and thinner overall design (previously more plastic feeling)
Overall the Aputure AL-F7 is a great value for money, portable LED continuous light for most photo and video needs.
For more information on the Aputure AL-F7, visit HERE
View our entire range of Aputure products online HERE