Sekonic Litemaster Pro L-478D Light Meter
OUT OF STOCK
The Sekonic Litemaster Pro L-478D Light Meter is an incident and flash meter featuring a color touch screen interface. The touch screen-based navigation lends itself to a highly intuitive and efficient workflow, allowing you to quickly modify exposure settings and navigate menus. This meter is also highly versatile and capable of measuring flash, incident and reflected light for still, HD video, or cine applications.
The L-478D can be customized or adapted to your own specifications; depending on the metering modes you use most often, you can hide certain modes to create a more streamlined menu system. Exposure constants include shutter speed, f/-number, ISO, shutter angle, and frame rate; and the exposure variable can be decided upon depending on the situation you are working in. Illuminance and luminance values can also be taken, which are measured in footcandles/lux or candela per square meter/foot-lamberts, respectively. For more fine-tuned results, you can create and input personal profiles, allowing the meter to display exposure settings in accordance with your specific camera's dynamic range and clipping points.
Other settings available include the ability to memorize up to 10 different exposure readings in order to refer back for comparative overall measurements. The AVE/EV setting allows you to make one master exposure reading and have subsequent readings displayed as differential values based on the master exposure value. When working with flash metering, the flash exposure values can be expressed as a percentage of the flash-to-ambient light, giving you the ability to more easily alter and previsualize lighting ratios. Filter compensation and exposure compensation settings can also be applied in order to remove the necessity to apply different filter factors after a meter reading has been taken.
Color Touch Screen Interface and Design
- The touch screen provides a more intuitive style of navigation and allows you to simply touch the settings you wish to adjust. Menu navigation is intuitive and the handling of various configurations becomes an expedited process.
- Simple visual layout provides a clear view of your exposure setting and permits customization in regard to the information you wish to be displayed (including a choice of analog exposure scales (EV or f/-stops); 1, 1/2, or 1/3 step increments; the inclusion of 1/10 stops; and the option to hide metering modes you do not use frequently).
- One physical menu button provides access to a more in-depth menu system that is then navigated through the touch screen. This menu allows for you to program exposure profiles and modify custom settings for your meter.
- Measure and memory buttons are located on the side of the device for recording and initiating exposure readings. A PC sync terminal is located on the bottom of the device for direct, corded flash metering. A USB terminal is located on the side and provides a connection point to your computer for firmware updates and for loading exposure profiles to your meter. The attached light receptor features a retractable Lumisphere that can be rotated 90° clockwise or 180° counter-clockwise. It is also removable in order to facilitate the use of optional attachments.
Versatility Between Metering Methods
- Ability to measure incident or flash light and display exposure readings as f/-numbers, shutter speeds, or ISO settings for use with still imaging, HD video, and cine uses. Exposure constants also include frame rate and shutter angle for a variety of motion uses.
- Also capable of measuring illuminance as footcandles/lux or luminance as candela per square meter/foot-lamberts.
- Flash metering can display the percentage of flash-to-ambient light within the scene for precise lighting ratios.
- Comparative metering can be accomplished by using the AVE/EV function; allowing you to set a standard reading and have subsequent readings shown as the difference in exposure value.
- Cinematic modes offer creative options for setting frame rates between 1 to 1000fps or shutter angles from 1° to 358°.
- Filter compensation mode enables you to directly apply the effects of filters to your exposure reading. Up to four different filter factors can be applied at once, and up to 30 different filter factors can be stored for use (24 common filters are pre-programmed, including CTB, CTO, ND, +/- green, and 85 amber filters).
- You can enable and disable different metering modes from showing up in menus, allowing you to configure the meter to your own personal workflow.
- Calibration and custom profiling can be accomplished in accordance to your own personal camera by executing a series of exposure tests, processing the tests through Sekonic's Data Transfer Software (included), and outputting the results as a personal profile for use with your meter. These personal profiles confine your meter to work within your specific camera's dynamic range (up to 10 distinct profiles can be saved). Profiles can also be modified or created directly through the meter.
- ISO- ISO 3 to 409600 (in 1/3 steps)
Shutter Speed- Ambient: 30 min. to 1/6400 sec. (in 1, 1/2, and 1/3 steps), 1/200 and 1/400 sec. also available
Flash: 30 min. to 1/1000 sec. (in 1, 1/2, and 1/3 steps), 1/75, 1/80, 1/90, 1/100, 1/200, and 1/400 sec. also available
- Aperture- f/0.5 to f/162.2 (in 1/3 steps)
- Frame Rate (f/s)- 1 to 1000 (20 types other possible settings)
- Shutter Angle- 1° to 358° (20 types other possible settings)
- EV- EV -27.9 to 55.8 (only effective with ambient light)
Analog- T scale: 4 to 1/2000 sec. (in 1/3 steps)
F scale: f/1.0 to f/90 (in 1/3 steps)
EV scale: EV -3 to 3 (incident light, in 1/3 steps) / EV -7 to 7 (reflected light, in 1/3 steps)
Illuminance lux: 0 to 50,000 lux
Illuminance fc: 0 to 5,000 fc
Luminance cd/m2: 0 to 2,500 cd/m2
Luminance fl: 0 to1,000 fl
- Contrast- EV -9.9 to 9.9 (in 1/10 steps)
- Filter Compensation- EV -5 to 5 (in 1/10 steps)
- Compensation- EV -9.9 to 9.9 (in 1/10 steps)
All deliveries within Australia are facilitated by Australia Post, Hunter Express Couriers or other courier services depending on the method you select during checkout and the dimensions/weight of the package. Generally, we dispatch within 24 hours of receiving your order unless otherwise stated. We have a quick turnaround time on postage and handling. Tracking numbers are issued via our automated e-mail system, however if you do not receive your tracking number, please message our helpful staff and we'll attempt to provide as much information regarding your order as possible.
All products are covered by an Australian 12 month warranty. This can be either a manufacturer's warranty or a Hypop warranty depending on the product's origin. The warranty covers manufacturers faults, defects, parts and labour. This means that any fault that is deemed to be due to manufacturing will be covered by the warranty for any parts and labor required to fix it. In some cases when the cost of repair outweighs that of a replacement, a suitable replacement product may be offered.
*This excludes Light Bulbs, Cotton Muslin Backdrops, Paper Backdrop Rolls, Consumable Products and Travel Carry Bags included with our kits. These products are not covered by our 12 month warranty as these products are susceptible to regular wear-and-tear and can get damaged for a variety of reasons not deemed as a manufacturer's fault. If these products are faulty or DOA please notify us within 7 days for a replacement. We reserve the right to refuse any claims made after this timeframe or additional charges may apply. Damages due to misuse by the user will not be covered by this warranty.