Dental photography is an integral part of every dental business. The SDL is designed to evenly illuminate the mouth for all of the typical standard dental photos and makes it very easy to capture a photo and provide feedback with the image to the patient. There are many offices who don’t want the expense and over sized digital camera systems now a days due to the camera technology that is now available through mobile phones. The camera systems in smartphones keeps getting better with every generation. The SDL can be used with any model phone however the system is only as good as the camera in the older generation phones. The SDL also includes a bluetooth remote trigger mounted on the grip that allows you to take a photo without having to touch the phone display. This remote trigger works like a photographic pistol grip and is located where your finger naturally rests on the grip.
- The SDL is designed to evenly illuminate the mouth for all of the typical standard dental photos and makes it very easy to capture a photo and immediately interact with the image with the patient.
- The SDL works best with newer model phones that have multiple cameras, i.e., the iPhone X models that have separate wide angle and telephoto cameras.
- The telephoto camera allows you to take close up photos without image distortion. You will need to be much closer to the subject with the wide angle camera which will result in spherical distortion. The SDL can be used with any model phone but you should caution your customers that the cameras on older model phones may not be up to the task.
- The LED panels are High CRI 95+ LEDs (for best color reproduction).
- The LED panels have 8 levels of light intensity and are adjusted by + and – buttons on each panel . For clinical photos with the SDL, the lowest setting is more than enough light. We ship them already set to the lowest setting and explain why in the user guide. Increasing the LED brightness does not increase the image quality at the working distance that clinical photos are normally taken and can be too bright depending of the quality of the camera in the phone. Higher brightness levels also make it uncomfortable for the subject being photographed.
- Users may use the higher brightness levels for videos of a subject at a greater distance. .
- The LED panels have built-in lithium-ion rechargeable batteries. At the lowest power setting, the batteries will last 12-15 hours. At full power, the battery lasts for 30-40 minutes. .
- The SDL also includes a bluetooth remote trigger mounted on the grip that allows you to take a photo without having to touch the phone display. This remote trigger works like a photographic pistol grip and is located where your finger naturally rests on the grip.
Please note: There are a few settings for the iPhone 13 and 14 Pro that improve the image quality: SDL iPhone 13 Pro and 14 Pro settings
1 x SDL including two LED panels and Bluetooth-enabled hand grip.
1 x Bluetooth trigger with battery.
1 x USB charger.
1 x Charging cables – allows charging both LED panels from one charger.
ATTENTION: Due to the increased volume of orders during the Black Friday period, same-day dispatch may not be guaranteed. Please allow an additional two days in the usual delivery schedule.All deliveries within Australia are facilitated by Australia Post, Startrack or other courier services depending on the method you select during checkout and the dimensions/weight of the package. Generally, we dispatch within 24 hours of receiving your order unless otherwise stated. We have a quick turnaround time on postage and handling. Tracking numbers are issued via our automated e-mail system, however if you do not receive your tracking number, please message our helpful staff and we'll attempt to provide as much information regarding your order as possible.
Please allow between 2-7 business days for standard deliveries to metro* areas and capital cities. For suburbs outside metro areas please allow an additional 2-5 business days for delivery. *Metro capital cities include: Sydney, Canberra, Wollongong, Gold Coast, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Hobart or Darwin.
All products are covered by an Australian 12 month warranty. This can be either a manufacturer's warranty or a Hypop warranty depending on the product's origin. The warranty covers manufacturers faults, defects, parts and labour. This means that any fault that is deemed to be due to manufacturing will be covered by the warranty for any parts and labour required to fix it. In some cases when the cost of repair outweighs that of a replacement, a suitable replacement product may be offered. These products are not covered by our 12 month warranty as these products are susceptible to regular wear-and-tear and can get damaged for a variety of reasons not deemed as a manufacturer's fault. If these products are faulty or DOA please notify us within 7 days for a replacement. PLEASE NOTE: *This excludes Light Bulbs, Cotton Muslin Backdrops, Paper Backdrop Rolls, Batteries, Consumable Products and Travel Carry Bags included with our kits. DEMO STOCK: All demo stock items are sold 'as-is' and come with a standard 12 month warranty. Stock will either be repaired, substituted with a similar demo item (subject to availability), you may opt for an exchange or a store credit may be offered. Please contact us for further detail.