Tested Camera Bodies:
- A9, A7SII, A7RII, A7II, A7S, A7R, A7
- A6500, A6300, A6000, A5000
- PXW-FS7M2, PXW-FS5, PXW-FS7, NEX-FS700, NEX-FS100
- NEX-EA50, NEX-VG900, NEX-VG30, NEX-VG20, NEX-VG10
- NEX-7, NEX-6, NEX-5R, NEX-5N, NEX-5, NEX-C3, NEX-3
Lens compatibility chart
|Fast AF on all E-mount cameras (phase detection AF only with Sony A9)
|Tested by the community, thanks!
Canon CN-E 18-80mm T4.4 COMPACT-SERVO EF
Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM
|Phase-detect AF on A9, A7RII, A7II, A6500 and A6300 only, unable to contrast-detect AF accurately if at all
Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
|Manual focus only
Focus confirmation "chip" (e.g. Dandelion)
- If both your lens supports optical image stabilization (OIS) and your camera supports sensor-shift, in-body image stabilization (IBIS), the choice is yours on which one to use, or have both of them work in harmony.
- Smooth iris support with the latest Canon (2009+), Tamron (SP series 2013+) and Sigma (2016+) lenses.
- Custom function button (called Focus Hold button) assignable to more than 50 functions, such as Aperture Preview and Eye-AF, on A9, A7 series, A6500 and A6300.
- Cinema EOS lens (CN-E) support, including power zoom, AF and auto iris.
- Detachable tripod foot, compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins and Photo Clam ball heads.
- AF-C tracking during high speed drive at up to 10fps on Sony A9. (NOT applicable to A7R Mark III or A7 Mark III, refer to footnote number [x] of Sony's A7 Mark III press release for limitations.)
- Fast contrast-detection AF on all E-mount cameras (except AF-S/DMF with Sony A9).
- Pure phase-detection autofocus support on A9, A7RII, A7II, A6500 and A6300 (the fastest).
- Supports 5-axis in-body image stabilization of A7II, A7RII and A7SII. (Distance information from lens required; 3-axis IBIS if lens does not transmit distance information.)
- Powered by camera body. No external power source required.
- Efficient switched-mode power supply.
- Supports image stabilization (IS) lenses.
- Supports electronic manual focusing (e.g. EF 85/1.2L II and discontinued EF 50/1.0L)
- EXIF support (focal length, aperture, lens name)
- Distance and zoom display on VG and FS series camcorders, A9, A7 series, A6500 and A6300 (lens with distance information support required).
- Auto magnify (lens with distance information support required)
- Auto APS-C Size Capture" on full-frame cameras with Canon EF-S lenses and many third party DX lenses.
- Felt material flocked inside the opening to reduce internal reflection.
- Fits both EF and EF-S lenses. (Vignetting at corners may occur with certain EF-S lenses because they are designed to cover a 1.6x crop image circle but Sony APS-C has a 1.5x crop factor.)
- Use of Canon Cinema lenses such as CN-E 18-80mm T4.4 for still photography is not supported. (Functional, but slower than lenses designed for still photography.)
- On Sony A9, only phase-detection autofocus is supported. Contrast-detection autofocus does not work. See firmware release notes for details.
- AF may not work if the maximum aperture of the lens plus any EF Extender or other teleconverter attached is smaller than f/8.
- The first two autofocus attempts are used to calibrate the lens and as a result may not lock successfully on the target. Half-press the shutter release button again and autofocus will lock successfully.
- Autofocus may have difficultly locking onto subjects which are very close to the nearest focusing distance of the lens.
- Autofocus accuracy depends heavily on the design and working condition of the lens. Lenses with hidden problems which may not be apparent on Canon DSLRs will lead to inaccurate and unreliable autofocus on Sony. Typical problems of this kind that we have seen include an unsmooth/erratic autofocus mechanism (e.g. getting stuck intermittently at a certain focusing distance), a faulty/worn-out distance encoder or other faulty/worn-out internal sensors.
- No support for lens corrections such as peripheral shading, CA and distortion.
- Use of Canon Cinema lenses such as CN-E 18-80mm T4.4 for still photography is not supported.
- Some EF-mount lenses may make audible noises during iris changes and autofocus, wich may be picked up by the built-in microphone of the camera during video recording. Use of an external microphone is advised. Some of the recently-introduced Canon-brand lenses are very quiet, however.
- Early Tamron VC lenses such as the AF 28-300/3.5-6.3 XR Di VC LD Aspherical [IF] Macro (model A20), AF 18-270/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical [IF] MACRO (model B003), SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II VC LD Aspherical [IF] (model B005) may not be able to freely switch between OIS and IBIS because they may not report IS activity status. Later Tamron VC lenses equipped with USD or PZD focus motors are fine.
- Some aftermarket battery grips may cause the aperture to change erraneously. This is a bug of the aftermarket battery grip but NOT arising from the Metabones Smart Adapter. Turn off the aftermarket battery grip or use a genuine Sony battery grip.
All deliveries within Australia are facilitated by Australia Post, Startrack or other courier services depending on the method you select during checkout and the dimensions/weight of the package. Generally, we dispatch within 24 hours of receiving your order unless otherwise stated. We have a quick turnaround time on postage and handling. Tracking numbers are issued via our automated e-mail system, however, if you do not receive your tracking number, please message our helpful staff and we'll attempt to provide as much information regarding your order as possible.
Please allow between 2-7 business days for standard deliveries to metro* areas and capital cities. For suburbs outside metro areas please allow an additional 2-5 business days for delivery. *Metro capital cities include: Sydney, Canberra, Wollongong, Gold Coast, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Hobart or Darwin.
All products are covered by an Australian 12 month warranty. This can be either a manufacturer's warranty or a Hypop warranty depending on the product's origin. The warranty covers manufacturers faults, defects, parts and labour. This means that any fault that is deemed to be due to manufacturing will be covered by the warranty for any parts and labour required to fix it. In some cases when the cost of repair outweighs that of a replacement, a suitable replacement product may be offered. These products are not covered by our 12 month warranty as these products are susceptible to regular wear-and-tear and can get damaged for a variety of reasons not deemed as a manufacturer's fault. If these products are faulty or DOA please notify us within 7 days for a replacement. PLEASE NOTE: *This excludes Light Bulbs, Cotton Muslin Backdrops, Paper Backdrop Rolls, Batteries, Consumable Products and Travel Carry Bags included with our kits. DEMO STOCK: All demo stock items are sold 'as-is' and come with a standard 12 month warranty. Stock will either be repaired, substituted with a similar demo item (subject to availability), you may opt for an exchange or a store credit may be offered. Please contact us for further detail.