Metabones Canon EF Lens to Sony E Mount T Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x
OUT OF STOCK
Tested Camera Bodies:
- A9, A7SII, A7RII, A7II, A7S, A7R, A7
- A6500, A6300, A6000, A5000
- PXW-FS7M2, PXW-FS5, PXW-FS7, NEX-FS700, NEX-FS100
- NEX-EA50, NEX-VG900, NEX-VG30, NEX-VG20, NEX-VG10
- NEX-7, NEX-6, NEX-5R, NEX-5N, NEX-5, NEX-C3, NEX-3
- Full-frame lens required. EF-S/DX/DC/Di II lenses are NOT supported.
- Speed Booster ULTRA is designed to cover an APS-C image circle which is not big enough to cover a full-size 36mm x 24mm sensor. On a full frame camera body (A7 series, NEX-VG900) the camera needs to have "APS-C/Super 35mm" set to either "Auto" or "On".
- AF-C is supported on A9, A7RII, A7II, A6500 and A6300 only, and only in Green mode.
- Continuous video AF is functional in Advanced mode, but performance may be unsatisfactory.
- On Sony A9, only phase-detection autofocus is supported. Contrast-detection autofocus does not work. See firmware release notes for details.
- AF may not work if the maximum aperture of the lens plus any EF Extender or other teleconverter attached is smaller than f/8 before boost or smaller than f/5.6 after boost.
- The first two autofocus attempts are used to calibrate the lens and as a result may not lock successfully on the target. Half-press the shutter release button again and autofocus will lock successfully.
- Autofocus may have difficultly locking onto subjects which are very close to the nearest focusing distance of the lens.
- Autofocus accuracy depends heavily on the design and working condition of the lens. Lenses with hidden problems which may not be apparent on Canon DSLRs will lead to inaccurate and unreliable autofocus on Sony. Typical problems of this kind that we have seen include an unsmooth/erratic autofocus mechanism (e.g. getting stuck intermittently at a certain focusing distance), a faulty/worn-out distance encoder or other faulty/worn-out internal sensors.
- No support for lens corrections such as peripheral shading, CA and distortion.
- Use of Canon Cinema lenses such as CN-E 18-80mm T4.4 for still photography is not supported. (Functional, but slower than lenses designed for still photography.)
- Some EF-mount lenses may make audible noises during iris changes and autofocus, wich may be picked up by the built-in microphone of the camera during video recording. Use of an external microphone is advised. Some of the recently-introduced Canon-brand lenses are very quiet, however.
- Early Tamron VC lenses such as the AF 28-300/3.5-6.3 XR Di VC LD Aspherical [IF] Macro (model A20), AF 18-270/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical [IF] MACRO (model B003), SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II VC LD Aspherical [IF] (model B005) may not be able to freely switch between OIS and IBIS because they may not report IS activity status. Later Tamron VC lenses equipped with USD or PZD focus motors are fine.
- Some aftermarket battery grips may cause the aperture to change erraneously. This is a bug of the aftermarket battery grip but NOT arising from the Metabones Speed Booster. Turn off the aftermarket battery grip or use a genuine Sony battery grip.
Lens compatibility chart
|Fast AF on all E-mount cameras (phase detection AF only with Sony A9)||Tested by the community, thanks!|
Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L USM Fisheye*
Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM
|Phase-detect AF on A9, A7RII, A7II, A6500 and A6300 only, unable to contrast-detect AF accurately if at all|
Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
|Manual focus only|
Focus confirmation "chip" (e.g. Dandelion)
All deliveries within Australia are facilitated by Australia Post, Hunter Express Couriers or other courier services depending on the method you select during checkout and the dimensions/weight of the package. Generally, we dispatch within 24 hours of receiving your order unless otherwise stated. We have a quick turnaround time on postage and handling. Tracking numbers are issued via our automated e-mail system, however if you do not receive your tracking number, please message our helpful staff and we'll attempt to provide as much information regarding your order as possible.
All products are covered by an Australian 12 month warranty. This can be either a manufacturer's warranty or a Hypop warranty depending on the product's origin. The warranty covers manufacturers faults, defects, parts and labour. This means that any fault that is deemed to be due to manufacturing will be covered by the warranty for any parts and labor required to fix it. In some cases when the cost of repair outweighs that of a replacement, a suitable replacement product may be offered.
*This excludes Light Bulbs, Cotton Muslin Backdrops, Paper Backdrop Rolls, Consumable Products and Travel Carry Bags included with our kits. These products are not covered by our 12 month warranty as these products are susceptible to regular wear-and-tear and can get damaged for a variety of reasons not deemed as a manufacturer's fault. If these products are faulty or DOA please notify us within 7 days for a replacement. We reserve the right to refuse any claims made after this timeframe or additional charges may apply. Damages due to misuse by the user will not be covered by this warranty.