The sandstone Retrospective 30 Shoulder Bag from Think Tank is a discreet and simple bag designed for the photographer who carries a system such as one pro DSLR with a 70-200mm f/2.8 zoom attached to the camera. And, with its wider size, the camera and lens combo can be stored sideways within the bag. Or, it can hold two pro DSLRs in its two front expandable pockets and 2-4 lenses in the main compartment. The difference between the Retrospective 30 and the smaller 10 and 20 models of the same bag are the 30's two front expandable pockets. The smaller versions only have one. However, the interior dividers are still customizable to accommodate the gear you carry on any given day.
The large front flap covers the entire bag and prevents anyone from seeing what's inside. The hook & loop closure is unique with its Sound Silencer system that eliminate the tearing sound normally encountered when you open a camera bag. This is especially valuable when you are shooting in quiet venues like courts, wedding services or chess matches. The inside of the bag contains an organizer pocket that is perfect for a note pad, mic, or small pack of tissues. Two collapsible nylon pockets are inside and are designed to hold a flash or other similar sized accessory.
As mentioned, outside, two expandable pockets are large enough for two pro sized DSLR bodies. The back of bag has a wide storage pocket that is made to hold collateral material like paperwork, maps or a note pad. Additional webbing loops are found outside to hold some small Modular, Skin or Multimedia pouches. Or, you can attach a carabiner to it for quick access items like keys. Two side pockets will hold small water bottles or even some small shoe-mount strobe lights. Under the main flap, you have a business card holder.
The carry handle is removable and the shoulder strap contains some non-slip material to keep the bag stable while moving. There's also a breathable cushioned pad along the strap to aid in positioning. For complete protection, there's a neat rain cover that can be rapidly deployed when the weather turns sour. The cover has been configured to allow the handle and strap to extend but not interfere with the security of your gear. The Retrospective is backed by Think Tank's lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects.
- The exterior of each Retrospective shoulder bag is purposefully simple, allowing photographers to inconspicuously blend into their shooting environment
- The "Sound Silencers" underneath the main flap eliminate the loud tearing sound hook-and-loop makes while opening the bag. Simply release the Sound Silencer panels and cover the hook-and-loop strips to prevent the hook-and-loop from contacting
- A clear business card pocket, for identification and spare cards, is located under the main flap
- Hook-and-loop panels securely fastens the main flap down keeping valuable photo equipment hidden from view
- An organizer pocket is located inside the main compartment. It gives photographers enough space for small, but significant, accessories necessary for a successful shoot
- All the dividers inside the bag are removable so the interior can be customized to any photographer's set of gear
- Inside the main compartment are two collapsible nylon pockets (one on each side). These pockets are tall enough to fit most flash units or other accessories. A hook-and-loop strap can be used to secure the contents or it can be tucked into the pocket for quicker access
- Two front expandable pockets can be used to carry two pro size DSLR bodies
- A wide storage pocket is located on the back of the Retrospective. This pocket can be used to carry small maps, booklets or other paperwork
- Removable carrying handle
- A fully adjustable, canvas strap is integrated into the bag. For extra comfort, a breathable cushioned pad slides along the strap for optimum positioning. Sections of non-slip material on the pad helps keep the entire strap on your shoulder
- Webbing loops on both sides of the Retrospective can be used to carry some small Modular, Skin or Multimedia pouches on the side of the bag. Alternatively, a carabiner (not included) can be used to quickly clip accessories to the the sides of the bag as well
- Side pockets on both sides can be used to carry smaller water bottles and will even fit some shoe-mounted strobe units
- The included seam-sealed rain cover was specially designed to keep the carrying handle and integrated shoulder strap outside the rain cover without compromising protection from the elements
One pro DSLR with 70-200mm f/2.8 lens attached in the main compartment held sideways
Two pro DSLRs in the dual front pockets and 2-4 lenses in the main compartment
Carry-On Form Factor:
FAA and airline carry-on specifications are subject to change without notice, please check with your airline before designating this case as a carry-on item. Most airlines require carry-on items to have an external linear measurement that is equal to or less than 45.0inch (114.3 cm). The external dimensions of this case add up to 33.5inch (85.1 cm)
Note: DSLR, Lenses and the others are not included.
Material: Exterior: Durable water-repellant (DWR) coating, Polyurethane coating, Sand-washed 100% cotton canvas (Pinestone and Blue Slate), 1100D polyspun polyester (Black), YKK RC Fuse (abrasion-resistant) zippers, Antique nickel-plated metal hardware, Nylon webbing, 3-ply bonded nylon thread and Interior: Closed cell foam & PE board reinforced dividers, 210D silver-toned nylon, Polyurethane backed velex liner & dividers, 2x polyurethane coated nylon 210T seam-sealed rain cover, 3-ply bonded nylon thread
Type of Closure: Hook and loop
Exterior Dimensions: 40.6 x 26.7 x 17.8 cm
Interior Dimensions: 38.1 x 24.1 x 15.2 cm Bag softness and flexibility allows expansion to carry a pro size DSLR with lens attached, facing down
Tripod Holder: No
Carrying/Transport Options: Canvas strap, Removable carry handle, Accepts optional Modular, Skin or Multimedia pouches
All deliveries within Australia are faciliated by Australia Post, Hunter Express Couriers or other courier services depending on the method you select during checkout and the dimensions/weight of the package. Generally, we dispatch within 24 hours of receiving your order unless otherwise stated. We have a quick turnaround time on postage and handling. Tracking numbers are issued via our automated e-mail system, however if you do not receive your tracking number, please message our helpful staff and we'll attempt to provide as much information regarding your order as possible.
All products are covered by an Australian 12 month warranty. This can be either a manufacturer's warranty or a Hypop warranty depending on the product's origin. The warranty covers manufacturers faults, defects, parts and labour. This means that any fault that is deemed to be due to manufacturing will be covered by the warranty for any parts and labor required to fix it. In some cases when the cost of repair outweighs that of a replacement, a suitable replacement product may be offered.
*This excludes Light Bulbs, Cotton Muslin Backdrops, Paper Backdrop Rolls, Consumable Products and Travel Carry Bags included with our kits. These products are not covered by our 12 month warranty as these products are susceptible to regular wear-and-tear and can get damaged for a variety of reasons not deemed as a manufacturer's fault. If these products are faulty or DOA please notify us within 7 days for a replacement. We reserve the right to refuse any claims made after this timeframe or additional charges may apply. Damages due to misuse by the user will not be covered by this warranty.