SPEEDLITES VS STUDIO STROBES
Posted on 27 May 2014
Here at Hypop, we get numerous questions about our equipment. One of the most commonly asked is the difference between speedlites & studio strobe lighting. So we’ve come up with a simple table to show you!
- Speedlites give you convenience as they are small, lightweight & extremely portable. Perfect for carrying around in your camera bag.
- No need for messy cables – wireless setting.
- Price – you will find that speedlites are much cheaper in comparison with studio strobes.
- Ideal for location shoots.
- Can be mounted directly onto your camera’s hot shoe or a stand.
- Its size & portability make it very easy to place them wherever you would like – amazing flexibility with lighting.
- Battery powered – you don’t need to keep an eye out for a power point, another tick for portability.
- Studio strobes are much more powerful than speedlites – resulting in more light.
- Studio strobes have the automatic feature of attaching softboxes – no need to worry about adapters.
- Recycle time is much quicker as it is plugged into a wall power source.
- Accessories are readily available e.g barn doors & reflectors.
- Modeling lights are built into studio strobes, these help with auto focus & give you a preview of how your shadows are going to fall on the subject.
- No need for batteries, you’ll never have to worry about the power wearing down the flash.
The post SPEEDLITES VS STUDIO STROBES appeared first on Hypop Focus | The Official Blog.