The PocketWizard PlusX Transceiver is a versatile radio trigger that features a wealth of functionality within a simple-to-use and intuitive design. This transceiver offers 10 standard channels from which to use, and navigation between these channels is easily controlled by a backlit channel dial. These 10 channels are fully backward-compatible with all other PocketWizard radios and PocketWizard-enabled devices for maximum efficiency with existing radio setups. Contributing to its functional abilities, the PlusX also features intelligent Auto-Sensing technology, which allows the device to instantly fluctuate between transmitter and receiver duties. Auto-relay is also supported in order to promote a completely remote workflow.
The PlusX design revolves around an internal antenna and side-profile design that contribute to overall durability and a streamlined appearance. This minimal design aesthetic is also benefitted by the simplified connection strategies that allow the radio to be fully functional when attached to a camera's hot shoe, without any cabled connections required. For attaching to remotes and external lights, a 3.5mm miniphone socket is available and three cables are included to offer an array of popular connection types.
- 10 Standard Channels
- The PlusX features 10 standard channels for use to provide greater availability when working amongst other photographers or for greater control over complex lighting situations. These channels are compatible with all other PocketWizard of the same frequency.
- Backlit Channel Dial and Status Indicator
- An analog dial is used to quickly and easily switch between the 10 available channels. A full-time amber backlight is used to illuminate the selected channel for convenience and greater visibility when working in dimly-lit conditions. A tri-color LED is also incorporated into the design and provides a visual means for gauging the PlusX battery life when it is sending or receiving a transmission.
- Internal Antenna
- The internal antenna provides greater durability and eliminates the possibility or bending or breaking it during use. It also produces a more streamlined appearance when in use, and corresponds well to the side-profile design to create an overall visually unobtrusive look.
- Simplified Connectivity
- The transceiver is easily attached to most cameras through the hot shoe, with no extraneous cables required. For attaching to remotes and lights, there is an all-in-one sync port for wide compatibility. Cables are included for attaching from miniphone-to-miniphone, miniphone-to-phono, and miniphone-to-PC sync for cameras without a hot shoe. It is also compatible with all PocketWizard transmitters and receivers (of the same frequency) as well as PocketWizard-enabled lighting and metering equipment.
- Auto-Sensing Transceiver
- The PlusX is automatically set to intelligently and instantly switch between transmitter and receiver modes for the greatest amount of flexibility. You can also manually override this function and choose to have it act as a dedicated transmitter only, which will cancel its ability to receive or relay signals.
- Auto-Relay Mode
- When using three PocketWizard radios, you can remotely trigger a camera to fire and trigger a flash simultaneously. Utilizing the Auto-Sensing technology, the transceiver mounted to the camera can instantly receive a signal from an auxiliary transceiver, and then instantly convey the transmission to a remote flash. This provides a simple and highly efficient remote workflow.
- Range and Sync Speed
- When used in ideal conditions, this transceiver is capable of producing and receiving a signal up to 1600' away. It supports sync speeds up to 1/250 sec. with focal plane shutters and 1/500 sec. with leaf shutters with a maximum triggering speed up to 14.5fps.
- Important Information
- Units sold in USA use 344.0 MHz for channels 1-16, and 346.5-354.0 MHz for channels 17-32
- Units sold in Europe use 433.62 MHz for channels 1-16, and 434.22 for channels 17-32
- USA and Euro models cannot converse with each other
- USA models may interfere with devices in Europe
|Frequency||344.04 MHz (FCC/IC model)|
|Channels||10 standard channels|
|Antenna||Precision tuned internal coil|
|Range||Up to 1600' (487.7 m)|
|Max Sync Speed||Up to 1/250 sec. (focal plane shutter)
Up to 1/500 sec. (leaf shutter)
|Triggering Speed||Up to 14.5 fps|
|Contact Time||62 ms (in normal operation)|
|Transmitting Output Power||Less than 1 mW|
|Power Source||2x AA (LR6) batteries; 1.5V alkaline, NiMH, NiCAD, NiZn, or lithium chemistries accepted|
|Battery Life||Up to 100 hours (with alkaline batteries)|
|Max Port Sync Voltage||300V (camera/flash port)|
|Max Current Handling||1.0 A peak
0.2 A continuous current limited
|Housing||High impact plastic with captive battery door|
|Mounting||Hot shoe, D-ring loop, 1/4"-20 threaded socket|
|Input/Output||3.5 mm stereo miniphone jack, hot shoe|
|Operating Temperature||5-120°F / -15-50°C|
|Storage Temperature||-22-185°F / -30-85°C|
|Dimensions||4.2 x 2.1 x 1.2" / 10.7 x 5.3 x 3 cm|
|Weight||3.9 oz / 110 g (with batteries installed)|
All deliveries within Australia are faciliated by Australia Post, Hunter Express Couriers or other courier services depending on the method you select during checkout and the dimensions/weight of the package. Generally, we dispatch within 24 hours of receiving your order unless otherwise stated. We have a quick turnaround time on postage and handling. Tracking numbers are issued via our automated e-mail system, however if you do not receive your tracking number, please message our helpful staff and we'll attempt to provide as much information regarding your order as possible.
All products are covered by an Australian 12 month warranty. This can be either a manufacturer's warranty or a Hypop warranty depending on the product's origin. The warranty covers manufacturers faults, defects, parts and labour. This means that any fault that is deemed to be due to manufacturing will be covered by the warranty for any parts and labor required to fix it. In some cases when the cost of repair outweighs that of a replacement, a suitable replacement product may be offered.
*This excludes Light Bulbs, Cotton Muslin Backdrops, Paper Backdrop Rolls, Consumable Products and Travel Carry Bags included with our kits. These products are not covered by our 12 month warranty as these products are susceptible to regular wear-and-tear and can get damaged for a variety of reasons not deemed as a manufacturer's fault. If these products are faulty or DOA please notify us within 7 days for a replacement. We reserve the right to refuse any claims made after this timeframe or additional charges may apply. Damages due to misuse by the user will not be covered by this warranty.